To control and coordinate the activities of the used car and service department to achieve the planned budgets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- To prepare a profit plan in consultation with the Sales Manager and control the activities of the sales team to achieve or exceed the plan.
- To ensure the Blackpole Trade & Save sales process and policies are followed and achieved by the sales team.
- To monitor sales and evaluate performance and ensure corrective action is taken where necessary.
- To analyse statistical information in the management accounts and plan future activities
- To hold regular meetings with the sales consultants to:
- Advise on current stock position
- Discuss performance
- Discuss individual plans for the day
- Review customer satisfaction levels
- Review compliance issues and updates
- To analyse market trends and competitive activities
- To examine used car stock levels to ensure correct balance and take corrective action, particularly in relation to capital value of stock holding and overage.
- To review staff requirements periodically in relation to planned sales objectives.
- To continually appraise the salesman performance and carry out documented quarterly performance 360 feedback reviews.
- To spot check and review the product knowledge of the sales team
- Ensure all training standards are maintained with compliance.
- To agree stand in values of part exchanges before confirmation with a customer.
- To agree transaction pricing before conformation by consultants with a customer.
- To ensure the showroom is stocked with the correct model mix and complies with the corporate display standards and legal obligations.
- To maintain standards in all areas that relate to margin or other payments.
- To review training requirements regularly
- To ensure the showroom is staffed to an acceptable level during opening hours
- To authorise sales commissions on a monthly basis
- To authorise used vehicle warranty claims
- To control the disposal of trade vehicles as per company policy
- To ensure the used car forecourt is displayed company requirements at all times
- To ensure that all insurance and finance sales comply with the FCA regulation and meets the current legislation as prescribed by the sales process, and that admin procedures are followed correctly.
- To ensure all staff are complying with the FCA regulation
- To ensure all staff are trained and tested to FCA requirements
- To liaise in a proper and professional manner with other departments and staff.
- To ensure that adequate safety, fire and security precautions are met
- To undertake any other reasonable duty as instructed by the group sales managers/directors
- To be prepared to work overtime with reasonable notice, as and when requested by the group sales manager/director
- To attend any training course as reasonably directed by management.
- To comply with all company administration and accounting procedures and legislation requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£43,000.00 per year
- Management experience in Used Car Sales
Please apply by uploading your CV